Monday, August 8, 2011

Bangkok Trip Part 2 - Yummy Street Food

Before I forget about my recent awesome Bangkok trip, let me show you some photos from the first day of our vacation.

Jess and I in our little cozy room.

Photobucket

I brought my laptop knowing that Imm Fusion provides complementary wireless access. You can read about my first Bangkok post here.

Photobucket

BTS Sky Train, our mode of transport everyday.

Photobucket

One of the main things I love about Bangkok apart from shopping is none other than their street food! On the way to Platinum Mall, there were plenty of vendors selling all sorts of finger food and drinks.

Photobucket

Coconut drinks FTW!

Photobucket

Satay-like pork which you don’t get in Malaysia.

Photobucket

There are certain things that I didn’t think of trying though.

Photobucket

Shopping spree at Platinum Mall! It’s a wholesale fashion city where you can get pretty clothes mostly priced at RM20 provided if you purchase more than 3 pieces of any clothings from one shop. Everywhere in the mall we see girls pulling luggage full of clothes XD

Photobucket

Some cool mannequin they’ve got. HAHA no I didn’t do it!

Photobucket

Food at the Platinum food court wasn’t too bad. I still prefer fried oyster in Malaysia though.

Photobucket

Tomyam seafood everyday! Teehee.

Photobucket

At night, Loo brought us to this wantanmee stall near Asia Hotel.

Photobucket

Gotta love the texture of the wantanmee. It’s really yummy unlike the machine-made wantanmee around KL. The taste is rather different from ours as it is sweet instead of salty.

Photobucket

It comes together with sugar (not salt!), chili powder and sweet sauce. These people in Thailand seem to have an unusual liking for sugar yo!

Photobucket

Crunchy siew york! We were getting mouthful orgasm while hearing the “krak krak krak” sounds as the vendor cut it into pieces! XD

Photobucket

Everyone was tired at night, except Loo and I who decided to go down for supper. There’s this stall right in front of our hotel that sells beef, pork and chicken noodles or rice.

Beef soup noodles was sooooooooooooooo good! And it costs only RM3!

Photobucket

Is there anywhere in KL where I can get RM3 noodles with that much of “liao”?

Photobucket

The usual spices. I found them rather unnecessary though, since the food itself already tastes beyond my expectation.

Photobucket

Spotted something while passing by the food court in Tesco. Want to taste some poo, anyone? LOL!

Photobucket

1 comment:

ahlost said...

Wow.. bangkok looks so fun.. i have yet to go there.. :(

but I've been to smaller places like Phuket and Hatyai :)