Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Compassion

Pissed. Pissed. I’m so pissed off! Meng Hong kept on FUCK U FUCK U in msn chatroom. For more than four times I bet. It was making my eyes sore! It isn’t that nice to say those words, is it? When I asked him to stop he actually answered “as if you never swear before”. Yes I do, certain times when I couldn’t control myself. But I don’t keep repeat writing big big F words in msn. Okay, perhaps like what KayVin said, it’s no big deal for you guys. But I got fed up when people keep using it. My problem then. To prevent further argument, I decided to leave the chat room and sign out my msn. What else can I say when people think it is okay to use F U frequently?

Calm down. It’s no big deal. And none of my business X(

I had my supper at the mamak opposite Zili’s apartment. I shouldn’t have ordered claypot noodles. I should have just ordered Malay food! It was obviously overcooked that the noodles became twice fatter than usual. When the food came, I uttered “What is this?!” yes, the yee mee looks more like fat overcooked magee. But there’s no doubt that the soup was simply tasty! When we had nearly finished our food, an old Chinese beggar came over and said “ai jiak, ai jiak” (wants to eat) in Hokkien. Eventually dad gave him a 50cents coin. Knowing that its not even enough for him to buy a drink, he repeated the same phrase over and over again. At first I thought dad would just ignore him and rush us back to the car, since we had finished our food. But unexpectedly, he walked towards the owner of the stall, gave him a five-dollar-note in order to pay for the beggar for the food he wants. It turned out that his “ai jiak” was actually rojak, according to the mamak boss. He claimed that he knows it well because the beggar goes there almost every night and happened to live in his neighbourhood. Later on, dad told us that the beggar is not a poor man after all. He’s part of the share holders of a company, in which everything is taken care by his elder sister. He’s not poor, but kinda insane hence ended up asking around for food.

I was quite touched by what dad has done. How many of us will actually do so when we happened to meet a beggar? When I first saw him, my first instinct was quickly get away from there. Dad’s action has left me thinking. I think about life, about people, the rich and the poor, the hustle and bustle of modern life, the cruelty in the society, the compassion that rarely exists. . . To think about it, I’m starting to feel guilty. I should have been more compassionate towards people. I should pity them instead of try to run away from them. I could have done better than that. It has been a long time since I last use the inner part of me to think. Think think think. When you start thinking, you will realize certain things that you hardly ever take notice of. Think about life. Think about people. Think about love. Think about the wonderful world you are living in! Okay, I’m feeling happy now. Kate is the best! Kate will be on top of the world! XD

Hey, it’s my dream to be popular k. Blerkz.

By the way, happy birthday to Zili! Kekeke.

No comments: