APAC Venture Glitz & Glam Bloggers Party at Velvet Underground, Zouk Club KL last Friday night in conjunction with the launching of AVAST new and improved version 7 anti-virus and a new social app known as WeChat.
WeChat is a free mobile platform which offers a site of communication tools such as social activity plug-ins and personal content sharing application. Currently available for iOS, Android, Symbian and Windows.
Leng Yein was the emcee of the night.
What’s so special about WeChat?
- Shake function – when 2 users shake their phone at the same time, both of them would connect!
- Drift Bottle – where you record a conversation and throw it into the sea, after which someone would enter the drift bottle function and pick up the bottle and listen to your voice message.
- Look Around – enables you to search for people near you whoa re using this application.
As of March 2012, WeChat has hit 100 million users!
For more information, kindly visit www.wechatapp.com
As for Avast anti-virus, there are some improvements on version 7 including:
- compatibility with Window 8
- Speed and memory usage optimization
- Export/import of product settings
- Enhanced GUI
- Sandbox Privacy Protection
- Improved repair functions
- Stronger self-defense
More information on www.avast.com