Thursday, February 26, 2015

Wagyu @ Prime, Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

Prime Steakhouse – one of the top fine dining choices in Klang Valley. Also known one of the best, if not the best steakhouse in town.


No, I'm not pregnant. FML.

I have always wanted to visit Prime ever since I first heard about it. Finally had the chance to try it out recently!



Complementary bread with assorted butter.

We weren’t in the mood for alcoholic drinks (due to excessive drinking the previous night *barf*) so we picked some mocktails from the menu.



Suzie Wright and Harmony – RM26 each.



For starter, I picked the Seared Sea Scallop – RM55

The 5 scallops were perfectly cooked and served with poached egg. Extra points for the runny yolk which blends well with the dish. This has gotta be my favourite dish of the night.



Clam Chowder – RM40



Lobster Bisque – RM50



Don’t underestimate this little bun. What lies inside is a deliciously rich creamy serving of lobster essence! The thin pastry skin was quite yummy too but I didn’t have too much of it because by the time my stomach was already half occupied.



Cod fish – RM90

You don’t come to a steakhouse to order a seafood dish! Too bad for the poor fella because I dragged him there despite knowing that he doesn’t eat beef. LOLLLL.

The cod tasted too fishy for my liking. I would say it’s rather dry and mediocre. I’ve tasted better cod.

I had quite a hard time picking my main course. Spoilt for choices! So many selection of steak in the menu. Picked the most expensive wagyu in the end because I was convinced that it must be the best.



Blackmore Wagyu Cube Roll 12oz – RM598




I know. It’s crazy. 600 bucks for one serving of steak T______T



Okay lah Looks quite decent (although it still can’t justify for the price wtf). Too huge for my little tummy though.



To be frank I was quite disappointed with my Blackmore Wagyu. It didn’t taste as wagyu-ish as I expected. You know that melt-in-your-mouth kinda feeling? I didn’t feel it! In fact it tasted very much like a normal piece of steak :( No juices oozing out either despite it being medium rare.

All prices of the steak are for the steak itself without side dish. You may order some sides, but I wouldn’t recommend because:

1. The side dishes are pricey.
2. The steak itself is more than enough.



Portobello – RM30 and Sauteed Spinach – RM20

I barely finished half of them. What a waste. The Portobello was quite good.

By the time we were done, we were too full for dessert. Simply ordered a Vanilla Ice-cream just for the sake of ordering.



Vanilla Ice-cream – RM8

Note: they charge RM26 for the distilled water.

Total bill of the night was RM800+ after 30% discount (UOB credit card discount, valid until end of February this year if I’m not mistaken).

Despite the mediocre steak for its skyrocket price, it was overall a satisfying dining experience. The rest of the dishes definitely made up for it. Totally recommended for birthday, anniversaries or any occasions/celebrations. Just make sure you don’t act smart and order the most expensive steak.


Prime
Address: Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
Jalan Stesen Sentral,
Kuala Lumpur Sentral,
50470 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 03 – 2263 7888

No comments: