How would you like to develop an awesome mobile app and at the same time win fantastic prizes?
Digi Challenge for Change (DigiCFC)is back!
Organized by Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd,DigiCFC invites talented local app developers to ideate and build innovative community-centric mobile apps that bring Malaysians together for positive change.
This year, the challenge has been expanded into 4 categories: Learning & Edutainment, Health & Wellness, Discovering Culture and a new category called Connected Citizens for mobile app ideas that facilitate the delivery of public services.
DigiCFC will be carried out through 2 main phases:
1. Ideation Challenge (27 Nov 2013 – 18 January 2014)
- Idea submission to www.digicfc.my across 4 categories
- Ideation workshops at universities across the country
- #IDEAJAM a 2-day ‘idea hackathon’ for 20 shortlisted ideators
2. App Development Challenge (26 January 2014 – 24 April 2014)
- Building of mobile apps of the 4 winning ideas
- #HACK!@DIGICFC a 36-hour non-stop mobile app hackathon weekend
Now, here comes the most interesting part – prizes for grabs!
· RM5,000 and a smartphone for each of the top 4 idea finalists
· RM25,000 for each winning app in the respective categories
· RM25,000 for the best overall idea winner of the DiGi Innovation Award
· Telenor Group Award for the best developer / team
· A host of promotions and go-to-market support from DiGi.
Motivated to submit your idea yet? Sign up on www.digicfc.my through the following simple steps:
Step 1: Choose a social media platform to log in with
Step 2: Fill in your personal details
Step 3: Fill in the details of your app
My app will be from the category of Health & Wellness. The idea I am submitting will help city folks discover spa and beauty centres all around Malaysia. Spa packages, photos, location, prices, contacts etc will be all listed on the app. Users can either browse through the photo-based homepage or search for their ideal spa according to location or price range. They can also search for discounts and promotions that are offered by the spa centres in the database. User-generated review function will be added for better reference. Reservations can be made through the app by email or direct phone call to spa centres at one click.
The idea is inspired from my problem of looking for an ideal spa. These days, more and more city folks especially the ladies are paying regular visits for body massage to release work stress and at the same time, to live up to their increased health awareness. Based on my personal experience, it is rather tedious to google for a spa with beautiful setting that is not too far from where I live, offers good service yet charges affordable prices. It is extremely time-consuming to open up numerous web pages to read up reviews on so many different spa centres. So hopefully this app can be designed to help solve the problem of spa-seeking and at the same time, bring up the revenue of our local spa businesses.
Step 4: Submit your awesome app idea and wait for good news if you are shortlisted!
*finger-crossed* I honestly believe that Spa Seeker will be of so much help to girls like me lo! Teehee.
More info on Digi Challenge for Change: www.digicfc.my