Right, if you haven't realised that the iPhone 5 was released yesterday, you must be living under a coconut shell at the bottom of a well. My twitter feed and facebook has been flooded incessantly with posts and tweets about the new iPhone 5.
iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3, which one is better? Here's a review on the comparison between these 2 smartphones.
You can read more the features of the new iPhone on Apple's website here
And here is a photo of the new iPhone.
Some of the more important new features of the new iPhone that Apple is eager to champion include:
1. The newer and faster A6 processor which ensures that the whole experience is faster and smoother
2. Larger 4 inches screen. You might notice that the iPhone now displays 5 rows of apps.
3. Lighter and thinner. Only 112 grams and 7.6mm thick.
4. 4G capabilities which ensures super fast wireless broadband in countries such as the US and more recently UK which is starting up its 4G services.
Now, lets take a look at the Samsung Galaxy S3. Some of the more prominent features which stand out to me include:
1. Its screen. A 4.8 inch AMOLED screen with HD resolution
2. Its size and weight. It is 8.6mm thick and weighs 133 grams.
3. Processor. Nippy 1.4Ghz Quad-core processor.
4. NFC. Otherwise known as near field communication which is a new set of communication standards which will allow you to do things like pay for small items simply by flashing your phone.
I think both the iPhone and the S3 are quite similar in terms of performance with both being equally responsive and nippy. The iPhone might edge out slightly because it is designed based on a closed Apple system so all apps are incredible streamlined and coherent as compared to Andriod on the S3 which is a open system so there might be inherent compatibility issues which affects its performance.
Camera. The S3's camera is highly touted and from the photos that I have seen, it certainly is impressive with incredibly low noise levels in low lightning situations. I have yet to seen test photos from the iPhone so I cannot judge on that.
Personally, I prefer the bigger S3 with its bigger screen because I have large hands anyway and I appreciate the additional real estate and feel I get when I am holding it in my hands. The 21 grams weight difference doesn't really matter to me.
At the end of the day, take away all the specs comparison and I think these two devices are pretty evenly matched so it really comes down to you the buyer. Here are some points that I think you should consider:
1. Closed Apple iOS system or the more open Android system.
2. Size and weight and how you feel about carrying it about.
3. Price. The iPhone 5 is priced the same as the old 4S which is slightly more expensive than the S3 in most countries.
Well there you have it, a short and simple comparison of the new iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S3.
Are you planning on buying a new smartphone soon? Let us know in your comments below on which one you've decided to get. Till next time!