Sunday, June 20, 2010

Never Been Sicker

The lack of update is depressing. I have been so sick for the past few days, could hardly tweet let alone blog. Sick, recovered, then fell sick again. I woke up in the middle of night feeling as if a fire ball was burning my head. Fever had never been so bad before. The news of Joash and family’s death made me even more ill. That night when I closed my eyes, all I could see was the image of them in Heaven. It struck me that God could really take our lives back so quickly and unexpectedly. It was the toughest night for me. Time passed so slowly when I was sick. I was afraid that God would take my life away just like that. I thought it would be good if He relieves me of all pain and worries, and if I just die like that, I wouldn’t have to attend uni anymore. But how am I going to face our Father in Heaven since I haven’t accomplished any of His will???

I went to the clinic twice. The second time it was so bad I even requested for injection. Can you imagine coughing your lung out? No, my lungs remained in my body, but I coughed till I vomited. But then my stomach was empty in the morning, so nothing came out which made me feel even worse. I knew I had to eat something, but at that point of time I really had no appetite at all. I had to chew and swallow my bread so slowly to make sure that I don’t ki siao and vomit while eating. It sucks to be sick! When I got back my appetite, all I could eat was soup-based noodles or vermicelli with fish balls. The same thing for 5days continuously! Wtfreak. Maybe I would get well if only the maid make me something nicer like carbonara instead of mi sup. Yucks.

This morning I woke up with a massive headache. Instead of attending Sunday service, I slept and sweated in the living room. My blanket must be contaminated by my germs and bacteria by now, but it had never smelt better before. LOL. My initial plan of going back to KL by tomorrow to watch The Back Up Plan doesn’t work anymore. Probably need to stay here for a little longer to make sure I don’t fall ill again. Missed Toy Story 3, now had to miss this. But life back home is so comfortable, I’m dreading the days I have to go back to KL and start my uni life again. Sigh. By then I would have so much more to think about, so much more to take into considerations.

I’m not sure how much weight I’ve lost during these few sick days, apparently my sis commented that I look scarily-skinny like a lizard now. If being sick is a good way to thin down, I would rather stay fat! I shuddered at the thought of downing another paracetamol. God, please don’t make me fall sick again after this. I must stay healthy for the Father’s Day steamboat at grandma’s tonight and for many more wonderful meals that are yet to come! Please grant my will, kthxbai I mean thank you Lord, Amen.

Happy Fathers’ Day by the way! =)

4 comments:

L.Chew said...

so terrible.... Drink more water. Why suddenly sick until like that? Take good care of yourself, my friend.

Copykate said...

chew win: so miserable, sick for one whole week =( too much durian and ba zhang i think. too heaty.

..*AnNiE*.. said...

Take care Kate!*hugs*

Copykate said...

thanks annie! *hugs*